With the birth of the mobile devices running on the Android and iOS, connecting to the Internet via a LAN cable or Ethernet cable has become a thing of the past.
With a wireless internet connection or Wi-Fi, you can connect to the Internet using your smartphone or tablet with ease. With a Wi-Fi connection, all you need to do is to detect a hotspot and then connect to that signal. However, most Wi-Fi hotspots nowadays come with private passwords to serve as a protection for the owner and as a way to prevent abuse of the Internet connection. As you may know already, multiple devices connected to one Wi-Fi connection can slow down the connection speed significantly, especially when multiple devices are downloading files simultaneously.
Of course, having a password to a Wi-Fi connection is understandable. But if you want to connect to a hotspot a lot faster and in a more convenient manner, there’s an app available for download to help you in your plight. No, it isn’t a hacking tool, as many would expect. What this app brings you is increased security for your own Wi-Fi connection and preventing those who would abuse your vulnerability through your wireless Internet connection. And that particular app lies in Fing – Network Tools available for the Android and iOS.
Fing – Network Tools App
Connecting to a Wi-Fi connection usually requires you to enter the network’s data and password which often proves to be difficult at times. However, you can now download Fing to make things easier for you when it comes to connecting to a Wi-Fi. The Fing – Network Tools app is a free app that can be downloaded to your Android or iOS device that will help you connect to your Wi-Fi connection that’s more effective and secure compared to the usual Wi-Fi connection settings.
- Keep track of history of discovered Wi-Fi networks.
- View all devices connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- See the IP address of every connected device on your Wi-Fi network.
- Display Bonjour and NetBIOS information.
- Tracking connected devices to your Wi-Fi network both online and offline.
- Share information on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.)
Download Fing for PC/ Download Fing for Mac/ Download Fing for Windows 7, 8, 8.1 Touch/ Download Fing APK
Fing is a useful app to increase security of your Wi-Fi connection. But since Fing is exclusive for the Android and iOS devices, there still isn’t a port for this great app on the PC or Mac. However, there are still users who would want to utilize this useful app. Here are a few steps on how you can download and install Fing on your PC.
- Download BlueStacks Android Emulator here or iPadian 2 iOS Emulator here.
- You can also download Fing APK file here to install it on other emulators like YouWave or GenyMotion.
- Install BlueStacks or iPadian 2 on your computer.
- Once installation is done, search for the “Fing” app on BlueStacks or iPadian 2.
- Install Fing on the emulator of your choice.
- After installing Fing, run the app via BlueStacks or iPadian 2.
- Open Fing on your computer and enjoy!